Arizona State University
- Science, Social Justice and Activism, HON 394 (3 credits; Fall 2017; Spring 2019: Syllabus_ScienceSocialJustice_Spring2019 updated)
- Queer Bioethics, HON 394 (3 credits; Spring 2017; 1 credit Fall 2018)
- Science, Social Justice and Activism, HON 394 (1 credit; Spring 2015, 2016)
- Cancer Policy and Politics (co-taught with Dr. Robert Cook-Deegan), HON 494/HSD 598 (Fall 2015)
- The Business of Cancer, HON/HPS 394 (Spring 2014)
- The Human Event, Part Two, HON 272
- The Human Event, HON 171
- Introduction to Bioethics,BIO 312/PHI 320 (Spring 2010)
- Bioethics in Film: Death and Dying,BIO 394 (Spring 2010)
Asian University for Women
Education Activities Outside the Classroom:
Ethics Bowl: I am the Coach of ASU’s Ethics Bowl team. Our inaugural team competed in the regional competition at Seattle Pacific University in November 2014. The ASU team has qualified for Nationals for three years in a row: In Fall 2016, we won the Rocky Mountain Regional Ethics Bowl competition (our two teams placed first and second); in Fall 2017, we won the California Regional Ethics Bowl competition; and in Fall 2018, we placed third in the California Regional Ethics Bowl competition. We are sponsored by the School for the Future of Innovation in Society.
Increasing Diversity in Science Studies: I am the Faculty Director of a project initially funded by National Science Foundation aimed at increasing the participation of underrepresented minority students in science studies. The first cohort was selected in March 2015, and traveled to Washington, DC in June 2015 and June 2016, for three weeks of policy workshops. The second cohort traveled to DC in 2017 and 2018.
Science Outside the Lab: During a two-week workshop in Washington, DC, we introduce science and engineering graduate students to the people who fund, regulate, shape, critique, publicize and study science, including congressional staffers, funding agency officers, lobbyists, regulators, journalists, academics, museum curators and others. I have been a faculty since 2014, and director since 2018.